Mom Knows Best

Hello Lovely People!

Today's outfit features an item from my Mom's closet. Raiding my mom's closet was one of the best things I've done in the past year (hihi). This white shirt is just awesome. I fell in-love with it the second I tried it on. I love that shirt dresses are trending this season and I didn't have to pay for mine. It's different, retro, minimalistic and I'm totally nuts about the detail on the front. I love the attached waist coat with embroidery, totes amaze!


I paired this wonderful piece of clothing (the shirt) with leatherette leggings. I'm not brave enough to wear a shirt dress alone. I had to wear something underneath. I accessorised the look with black court heels, a watch and a clutch bag. I didn't want to overwhelm the shirt with too many accessories as it has a simplistic look to it. I went for a monochrome look to maintain its simplicity.






I'm learning to appreciate the sense of style my Mom had back then. I too would've dressed up like that.  










Shirt - My Mom's
Leggings - Cotton On
Heels - Call It Spring
Sunglasses - Jay Jays
Clutch, Watch and Bracelet - Era by DJ Zinhle (www.djzinhle.com/online/)

Hope you enjoyed this post. Don't forget to post your comments below.

Until next time!
xo Kanya

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year! New You?

Travel Diaries - Cape Town

Anti-Valentine